Skip to main content

Write what you know...

What is it about life that keeps us going?

Its interesting what sacrifices were willing to make. All of those olympic contestants, they competed again, and again, and again, they fail again, and again, and again, and they improve, fix, and achieve. Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, they practice, practice, practice, and continue to improve, fix, and achieve.

Pople who started with nothing...

Oprah Winfrey
Stephen King
J.K. Rowling
Shania Twain
John Paul DeJoria
Leonardo Del Vecchio
Steve Jobs
Jay-Z
Sean Combs

I could go on and on, but the point to this list of names is that if you really want something, then you are capable of achieving it... how badly do you want it?

My New York so far...

Exhausting, exciting, fun, frustrating... GREAT!

It's been an excellent experience, but exhausting. New York is HOT! Walking in the city you can just feel the heat from the streets. It's a different kind of hot compared to Texas all together.

Moving somewhere is hard. This move has felt harder then any other move I've done. This move has made me vulnerable, dependable, skeptical, frustrated, scared, and strong. I'm able to see a deeper side to myself... a different kind of strength. I know it's been about two weeks since I've written, but every time I would attempt... well I just didn't know what to say??? The reason I say this move has been the most difficult is because I didn't know anyone. Yes I had the acquaintances, but it's not the same. When I moved to college, I had family and I met people in class. When I moved back home, I had my mom and dad. When I moved here, I didn't have anyone... except for my heavenly father, and that has been my strength. Now I know that when you move somewhere, everyone goes through this phase. When you first move somewhere it's gonna take some time before your able to make a connection with someone. Right when your in that moment of despair, thats when something wonderful can happen. Life is a beautiful place to be in, you just have to stop and see the beauty in it.

Apart from my emotional experience, the intern position has been exactly what I needed. It's opened my eyes to what I needed to see and has only confirmed my passion for this career. I can't believe it's been two weeks in. People here work to live. It is a fast pace life and I love it. There is also an endless list of things to do. Everyone spends there time outside. I got off the train yesterday at 8 and you would have thought there was a party going on, but no there was no party. I told a friend, I liked it up here cause everyone gathers and socializes outside. Texas doesn't do that, but thats because it wasn't built that way.

My conclusion: one thing I have learned from this, don't tell me I won't or can't do something cause i'll prove you wrong.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live where?!...

Friday My second day here. Usually I'm ready to head out but I admit, the "get up and go" part of me hasn't really been with it. Of course it's only because of where I live. Where do I live you ask? In the ghetto. That's where I live. I live in the ghetto. Not too sure how I feel about this??? How do I know its the ghetto: 1. I've had several people tell me I live in the ghetto 2. I was just told what streets to avoid 3. Does being a minority count??? LOL... what am I thinking being here?! All for the love of the city life. What I've discovered... 1. It's very dirty here 2. Eeeekkkk!!!! Theres roaches and mice 3. I've been told, "your not from here." and thats not a question 4. When people find out I'm from Texas, they automatically go into hick mode and imitate the word "y'all" 5. Central airing is a rarity, but I do get to sleep with my window open every night... so when it rains, its incredible..

This ain't Texas...

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. Zoo York is an understatement. Zoo's are organized and separated. This place is more like Chaotic New York, but then again that doesn't flow as nicely and there for not nearly as many tshirts would be sold... if any. Where I live: Yonkers, NY. Today I got to do something I've always wanted to do... go jogging in the city. I really do love the city, and if I ever come back to Texas it'll be for these reasons: 1. I want space 2. Tired of paying for so much 3. Sick of seeing trash everywhere I look... this really is a dirty city. But seriously, it's so gorgeous up here it'll take a miracle to get me bk in Tx. Now for pictures... There is green everywhere. My apt is on the left. This is what I thought to myself today... Ever wonder why the bad guy (in movies) doesn't realize he's being watched or followed? I think I know why, there's cars lined up the street everywhere. N

Do cats really land on their feet?...

So this blog is a little off the beaten path from what I usually talk about, but I didn't sleep at all last night cause of it... and I would like some input. First though, just a little recap of my latest adventure... sorry no pics today :( Like I've told you before I live in Yonkers. Where this town ends and begin, I have no clue??? Everything just merges together. You could send me to a certain part of this town, and I'll assume I'm still in Yonkers. Of course we all know this'll change with the more I become familiar with it. Anyhow, my roommate was sweet enough to show me a few things about the area, but first you need to understand that she is a fitness instructor.... she teaches Yoga, Zumba, Cycling, etc... the woman's in shape. So yesterday we made it a point to go cycling at 9. The plan was to leave here, cycle together to her gig, and while doing so she would point out some things about the city... like where to go, whats good, whats where, etc. R