Skip to main content

Dreams come true

Hello friends :) So I've never blogged before and I'm not a writer, so don't expect anything profound.  Here recently a friend inspired me to notate my new adventures, so I figured why not? I hope that what I write will at least inspire or encourage anyone else, so here's a little of whats been going on...

I'm a small town Texas girl who LOVES the city life! Especially NYC! I graduated in 08 with a degree in Fashion Design, but when I graduated I had no idea what I wanted to do? I was feeling frustrated, and confused. On top of that I didn't get the chance to do an internship while in school... actually it's more like I didn't think I needed one... I regret that now, so if any of you fashion lovers are thinking about avoiding an internship... DON'T!!! Remember, internships offer connections maybe even the chance to get a job sooner. After I graduated I was thinking, "what was the point?!" I was so mad I just spent all this money for what? After working in retail awhile I finally came to my senses and realized that there was a purpose and a reason for me going to school for FD. I love it! So, after passing through the emotions, and denial I finally accepted that this is what I'm meant to do. Not many people know what they want to do in life or have a passion for anything, I feel very fortunate in that area. So two years after graduation I moved back home with my parents (fortunately I like my parents), paid off unnecessary credit cards, and purchased things to get me going towards the career path I desire so badly. Four years later, I got my internship... in NYC!!!!! I start July 1 and will live in NJ.

My point to this blog is that, if you have a passion for something don't give up on it. There are people out there who love you, want to see you happy, and be a success. If someone would have told me 4, 3, 2, or even 1 year ago that I was going to be at this point, I wouldn't have believed them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This ain't Texas...

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. Zoo York is an understatement. Zoo's are organized and separated. This place is more like Chaotic New York, but then again that doesn't flow as nicely and there for not nearly as many tshirts would be sold... if any. Where I live: Yonkers, NY. Today I got to do something I've always wanted to do... go jogging in the city. I really do love the city, and if I ever come back to Texas it'll be for these reasons: 1. I want space 2. Tired of paying for so much 3. Sick of seeing trash everywhere I look... this really is a dirty city. But seriously, it's so gorgeous up here it'll take a miracle to get me bk in Tx. Now for pictures... There is green everywhere. My apt is on the left. This is what I thought to myself today... Ever wonder why the bad guy (in movies) doesn't realize he's being watched or followed? I think I know why, there's cars lined up the street everywhere. N

I live where?!...

Friday My second day here. Usually I'm ready to head out but I admit, the "get up and go" part of me hasn't really been with it. Of course it's only because of where I live. Where do I live you ask? In the ghetto. That's where I live. I live in the ghetto. Not too sure how I feel about this??? How do I know its the ghetto: 1. I've had several people tell me I live in the ghetto 2. I was just told what streets to avoid 3. Does being a minority count??? LOL... what am I thinking being here?! All for the love of the city life. What I've discovered... 1. It's very dirty here 2. Eeeekkkk!!!! Theres roaches and mice 3. I've been told, "your not from here." and thats not a question 4. When people find out I'm from Texas, they automatically go into hick mode and imitate the word "y'all" 5. Central airing is a rarity, but I do get to sleep with my window open every night... so when it rains, its incredible..

Do cats really land on their feet?...

So this blog is a little off the beaten path from what I usually talk about, but I didn't sleep at all last night cause of it... and I would like some input. First though, just a little recap of my latest adventure... sorry no pics today :( Like I've told you before I live in Yonkers. Where this town ends and begin, I have no clue??? Everything just merges together. You could send me to a certain part of this town, and I'll assume I'm still in Yonkers. Of course we all know this'll change with the more I become familiar with it. Anyhow, my roommate was sweet enough to show me a few things about the area, but first you need to understand that she is a fitness instructor.... she teaches Yoga, Zumba, Cycling, etc... the woman's in shape. So yesterday we made it a point to go cycling at 9. The plan was to leave here, cycle together to her gig, and while doing so she would point out some things about the city... like where to go, whats good, whats where, etc. R