Skip to main content

I wish I knew then what I know now...

Everyones said it before, "I wish I knew then what I know now." For me, I tend to be the type of person who has to go through things to fully understand it. So we all have our weak points, nobodies perfect. One might describe me as a last minute person. I don't try to be, it just works out that way more often then I like... lol. BUT! I think I have figured out how to avoid this problem. Like someone once said, "success is only achieved through failure or trial and error." I hope these pointers help you out, cause I know I'm not the only one :)

1. If you have to be somewhere at 1p and it takes you 30 min to get there, start heading out the door at 12:15. I'm a girly girl, so I have to make sure I have my ex pair of shoes, makeup, cell phone, magazine and anything else I feel necessary to be with me... lol. So, by the time I'm done pulling everything together, i'll be on time to walk out that front door.

Of course sometimes these things can't be helped... When I was in NYC for interviews I had my first one on Wed at 11. No problem. I knew where our appointment was and exactly how to get there... so I thought. Wednesday is here, I wake up in plenty of time and I'm out the door on schedule. I leave exactly 1hour and 15min to make sure I get there on time. I was staying in SoHo and needed to be in the Garment District. So my plan was to take the N,Q, or R to my destination, unfortunately I had no idea that the trains take you downtown and uptown... I thought they all went in one direction(uptown). So I get on the N and as I'm going over the bridge, I knew I wasn't headed in the right direction. After doing some subway hopping and guessing, I finally got to our appointed schedule (Starbucks) 30 min late. I figured since I was already there, I might as well wait in line. Fortunately my interviewer called me and said he would come downstairs to meet with me, but as I'm speaking with him on the phone I get this tap on my shoulder from a gentleman behind me. The guy behind me tells me to tell my interviewer that I'm with Daniel. So my interviewer says, "ok I'll see you shortly." I hang up my phone (feeling really unsure about what just happened) and I ask the guy behind me, "who are you again?" Turns out that was the designer for the company I was about to interview with. I'm pretty sure everyone in Starbucks heard my expression, "YOUR THE DESIGNER!" And he ended up buying my Starbucks :) I even got offered the internship, but had to turn it down... which I really hate.

Back to my points... there's only 2

2. If you have to prepare for something in the future, pretend it's happening now or soon to be. This will make you feel more prepared. For example, apparently moving from Texas to NJ is expensive. I should have researched to see how costly it is to move from Texas to NJ a looooooooooooooong time ago... lol. So major MAJOR budgeting coming into effect this month. BTW if anyone wants to donate their truck or trailer for a week I am gladly accepting :) Of course this is life, you just gotta laugh and roll with it.

Sorry for not posting any fun pics. When I move pictures will start to appear more often.


1,788 mi, 1 day 6 hours
I-44 E and I-70 E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live where?!...

Friday My second day here. Usually I'm ready to head out but I admit, the "get up and go" part of me hasn't really been with it. Of course it's only because of where I live. Where do I live you ask? In the ghetto. That's where I live. I live in the ghetto. Not too sure how I feel about this??? How do I know its the ghetto: 1. I've had several people tell me I live in the ghetto 2. I was just told what streets to avoid 3. Does being a minority count??? LOL... what am I thinking being here?! All for the love of the city life. What I've discovered... 1. It's very dirty here 2. Eeeekkkk!!!! Theres roaches and mice 3. I've been told, "your not from here." and thats not a question 4. When people find out I'm from Texas, they automatically go into hick mode and imitate the word "y'all" 5. Central airing is a rarity, but I do get to sleep with my window open every night... so when it rains, its incredible..

This ain't Texas...

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. Zoo York is an understatement. Zoo's are organized and separated. This place is more like Chaotic New York, but then again that doesn't flow as nicely and there for not nearly as many tshirts would be sold... if any. Where I live: Yonkers, NY. Today I got to do something I've always wanted to do... go jogging in the city. I really do love the city, and if I ever come back to Texas it'll be for these reasons: 1. I want space 2. Tired of paying for so much 3. Sick of seeing trash everywhere I look... this really is a dirty city. But seriously, it's so gorgeous up here it'll take a miracle to get me bk in Tx. Now for pictures... There is green everywhere. My apt is on the left. This is what I thought to myself today... Ever wonder why the bad guy (in movies) doesn't realize he's being watched or followed? I think I know why, there's cars lined up the street everywhere. N

Do cats really land on their feet?...

So this blog is a little off the beaten path from what I usually talk about, but I didn't sleep at all last night cause of it... and I would like some input. First though, just a little recap of my latest adventure... sorry no pics today :( Like I've told you before I live in Yonkers. Where this town ends and begin, I have no clue??? Everything just merges together. You could send me to a certain part of this town, and I'll assume I'm still in Yonkers. Of course we all know this'll change with the more I become familiar with it. Anyhow, my roommate was sweet enough to show me a few things about the area, but first you need to understand that she is a fitness instructor.... she teaches Yoga, Zumba, Cycling, etc... the woman's in shape. So yesterday we made it a point to go cycling at 9. The plan was to leave here, cycle together to her gig, and while doing so she would point out some things about the city... like where to go, whats good, whats where, etc. R