Skip to main content

NY Bound pt. 1...

It's finally here and I can't believe it! Here's how Sunday and Monday went down...

Sunday night we prepped everything!!! Loaded the trailer, made hotel reservations, figured out what stops to make along the way, etc... For those who have thought or will be making a trip like this, keep in mind that the miles from Texas to NY are (depending on destination) about 1800 miles, that's about 30 hours or more... longer if you pull a trailer. Now, something else you should be aware of is that there is a time change, so that'll delay you at least an hour from arriving at your destination if you don't prepare accordingly. Try to make this trip as enjoyable as possible, cause it does get tiring sitting for so long... yea your bum will be hurting lol.


I still don't know how everything fit in that trailer... this is probably just half of my stuff.


We pretty much took picnic food, like:

turkey and pb&j sandwiches
Baked chips
String cheese
Nuts
Oranges
Pickles
Chocolate
Sunflower seeds
Breakfast Blend- yummy
Green tea
Water
Diet drinks
*yes I'm aware lots of food, but you gotta have variety and make sure you bring baby wipes. It helps for when you have sticky fingers.

It was a very very long drive, and also very gorgeous... love the country. I you ever get the opportunity to drive this way I recommend it.



My mom cracks me up, she didn't want to flip through the map book so she made her own... it didn't last for long.

Monday morning....


This picture doesn't do it justice, but we were packed in there like sardines. We left at 5:30a


A really ugly grass hoper... he was like prehistoric dinosaur big


Thank goodness for electronics! Google maps has been a huge save. We did try to find a US road map, but couldn't find one??? I do recommend a laptop, I doubt I have to give you a reason as to why you shouldn't bring one :) Make sure you become aware of toll roads, so have change ready. Also, they will charge you for 3 axels if your pulling a trailer. 


NoDoz... necessary and needed!!!


 Oklahoma is nice, but once you hit Missouri it gets gorgeous. Its also very hilly and tons of trees. 



In case you forgot what green grass and trees look like.... lovely :)


Fuel has been pretty reasonable. Prices ranged from $3.10-$3.55. Monday we spent a total of $216 in fuel. We filled up every 3 hours, this was also the time that we switched out drivers. Monday we drove from Texas to the outskirts of Illinois. We left at 5:30a and arrived to our final destination at 9p... exhausted. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back lizsewnyc.

Update:

Originally I started this blog to show you what living in New York was like. Five years later I'm living in Florida, and A LOT has changed. How much has changed:

Here's a peek:

-I decided to move back to Texas cause I was homesick, I had accomplished what I set out to do, and I wasn't finding a full time design job.
-I had several different jobs trying to make ends meet.
-I started a pillow business, but quit.
-Put a halt on all things fashion, because I needed a restart.
-Most exciting part, fell madly in love and got married.
-Moved across country, something I said I would never do again.
-I was 27 in 2012 and now I'm 32.

For the past 5 years, I have also been trying to figure out what it is creatively that I like to do... and I'm still trying to figure it out. What I can tell you:

I love...
-Fashion
-Structure
-Drawing
-Design
-Interior design
-Art
-History
-Movies

*LOL I don't think any of that has changed.

In the midst of rediscovering myself I've also been focusin…

Fashion Fridays: Funny Face

Funny Face & Givenchy


For those of you who are not familiar with the movie Funny Face, it is about: An impromptu fashion shoot at a book store that brings about a new fashion model discovery in the shop clerk. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050419/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Of course my favorite thing about this movie are the clothes. *girl daydreaming. I actually created a Bridal collection based off of the dress pictured above. It was my inspiration. 



These costumes in Funny Face had grace, structure, design, and elegance. What makes these clothes so stunning is that Hubert de Givenchy was the costume designer. 
Now when people think of Givenchy, they just think of the name, not the man behind the name. Myself personally, I think of two types of Givenchy: the original and what they are today; grunge fashion. 
This is how you pronounce Givenchy:  jhee-von-shee
Givenchy started his company in 1952, but prior to his start he was already in contact with major Fashion icons. He was recommended by Chris…

Happy Labor Day!

She writes!

...

Lately I've been homesick. Close family and friends can vouch for this. I miss Texas and everyone in it like crazy, but then I have a moment like this:


It's not hard for me to fall in love with NYC. All I have to do is walk the streets and it's exactly where I wanna be. There's a reason they sell items that say I love NYC... it's so true!

So because it's Labor Day, and because I'm on a budget, I've decided to see what there is to do in NYC for FREE. Yes that's right folks, I just used the word free and NYC in the same sentence.

Apparently there's quite a bit to do if you look for it, but before we go down that road here's a little catching up on some other great spots.

Joe's Shanghai. Affordable and delicious.


These were seriously the BEST dumplings ever! 

I know they look really creepy weird, but don't even acknowledge it like that or else your missing out on an iconic NY moment.  How you eat them: 1. Place in spoon …